The PFM Reform Unit Hosted a Successful Workshop on the External Assistance Fiduciary Section (EAFS) Workshop.
On the 10th of October, the PFM Reform Program Unit hosted a half day workshop on the EAFS and the World Bank Funded Projects Audit Report.
The workshop had three main aims:-
- Review of 2016 Audit Reports of World Bank Funded Projects
- Follow up of Audit Report of World Bank Funded Projects
- Discuss and Review the EAFS system
The workshop had three different sessions:
- Opening Remarks- Yussuf Hassan, State Minister of Finance opened the workshop by thanking the invited guests for attending.
- EAFS review – Dr. Samater, the PFM Reform Co-ordinator, gave an overview of the EAFS system. The EAFS is the first attempt to use a country system for monitoring externally funded projects. They will assess the risks to the projects and ensure that the projects are implemented both transparently and efficiently.
- Follow up of Audit Report of World Bank Funded Projects- Mustafe Kamil, Director of Planning & Development – Auditor General Office, gave a brief description of the 2016 Audit Report of World Bank Funded Projects and invited the participants to give their thoughts and opinions on this reports.
The workshop participants were pleased to have the opportunity to hear and the Audit report in more detail and expressed the desire to be informed more regularly about the projects, their progress and the challenges they face.